Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Today is the first day of classes of Spring 2010 semester. Can't you just hear the excitement in my words? Riiiight.

Tomorrow marks that it has been two weeks since we have started this new year. I feel like I have done nothing productive. I need to get out there and get movin'... faast!

I have however, felt so overwhelmed by things going on in society lately. Haiti just had the terrible grade 7.0 earthquake on tuesday, countless celebrities have passed away to mostly drug related instances, President Obama seems to be making no new leads and most importantly to me.. I lost my grandmother four months ago yesterday.

It's been a whirlwind and yet a very depressing time. Since the loss of Honey Gran I continue to look within myself for patience, strength, and guidance. This may seem weird because these are things that God gives me, too. However, when Honey was here she aided me with all of these things as well. Whenever I felt alone I went to her and she made always made me feel welcomed and warm and most importantly, not alone. I miss her so much. There is not a day that goes by that I think about her and all of the ways she took care of me, made me laugh, and loved me. Whether I was sick with strep throat or simply sad because of something emotionally straining, she was the most comforting living person I have ever known. I hope to be that some day for anyone in my life. Whether it is my own children, my grandchildren, a friend, or even my future-husband, I want to comfort them the way my grandmother comforted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment