Wednesday, January 19, 2011

T H A N K F U L tonight

I just watched this video of a boy on Christmas receiving an Xbox360 and Halo. After opening the game console and accessories all he repeatedly says is "thank you! thank you! is this really mine? do I get to keep it forever? this cost you a fortune, thank you!" He says it over, and over, and over again.

It made me cry to see such genuine gratitude. A pure and naive gratitude as well. The boy was only 11! It honestly reminded me how beautiful giving thanks is. I cannot get over how thankful he was. I want to be so grateful in my everyday life. How can we do this? How can we be so authentic and honest-to-God?

I want to be transparent and virtuous. I don't thank God enough for the blessings He constantly and consistently bestows upon me. Or even my family for that matter... I don't thank them enough for the amazing things that they do for me on a daily basis. The tangible things and more importantly, the intangible. I am so thankful for their love and support. Even friends! I don't thank my friends enough for being so dependable, loyal, and significant in my life. For being themselves. I am so lucky to have a beautiful group of friends that hold me accountable, make me laugh, and always have open ears and arms.

I am so... t h a n k f u l 

... And what makes me so sad and almost sickened is that half the people that I am most thankful-for do not even know! Now how awful is that. So...

Starting N O W, I am going to be as up-front and frank about how fantastic certain parts of my life are! I am so lucky and I really love so much.


Here's the link to the video that sparred this whole post- beware it's one of the sweetest things I've seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQJuyfNyczM

Alllllright - I'm a big fat emotional nerd and I don't care who knows it! :)


xx,

Caroline


Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Jesus for you.
-1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment