Monday, December 6, 2010

Meet Me At The Misletoe

Tis' the season to.... 



Pull out the scarves...



String  lights everywhere...

I finally have a reason for the Christmas lights strung in my room all year long. I have them at both my room at school and at home. Here is a pic from my room at school with my new teensy-weensy silver Christmas tree! What is it about white Christmas lights...?



Be with friends. Laugh with friends.

I can't wait to be home with all of my friends! They keep me laughing on the reg-u-lar. 


Dress for the Occasion...

Be festive! Here is a fantastic one for a daytime-to-nighttime party. I like more sparkles for New Years Eve outfits but I can't think of a better red & green combo than this!


Drink Special Hot Chocolate...

Seriously one of the best thing about being home is making gingerbread houses and drinking hot chocolate in front of my fireplace. I have started a tradition of getting these Williams Sanoma marshmallows in chocolate and vanilla. They make drinking hot chocolate just that much more luxurious and satisfying! Sooo yummy!


Make your own and marshmallows, too!

I also found a recipe from one of my favorite blogs to make your very own decadent marshmallows! It's from the blog "Vanilla & Lace" - I can't wait to try this recipe and others I found! Get the recipe HERE*





Play music and watch movies... 

if your Christmas holiday is anything like mine it's spent watching a lot of movies and listening to a ton of music... some of the following are one's my Christmas would not be complete without...




Mariah Carey, of course! "All I want for Christmas" anybody? 
My best friend and I saw her stalked her in Aspen last Christmas break at a jewelry store. It was quite magical considering it was right before Christmas and there was snow everywhere - haha


Amy Grant's "Tender Tennessee Christmas" - My fellow Nashville lady Amy does the holiday season up right because Tennessee Christmases really don't compare to anywhere else in the world! (Cheeeeesy but trueeee)


Christmas Vacation - Oy. What a classic.

Bethany: Is your house on fire, Clark?
Clark: No, Aunt Bethany, those are Christmas lights.




& remember why we celebrate Christmas...

Matthew 1:18-25


All I know is if that precious precious baby came in my stocking I'd either be
A. Freaked out
B. Obsessed
or
C. Both!!!  

I can't believe CHRISTMAS is 19 days away...


xx,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment