Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oh Happy Day!

So yesterday I got some fantastic news... After the interview I had with Cameo PR (a fashion PR  company in New York City)... I got word that...

I GOT THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP!

I am just thrilled about it! As soon as I left the interview I was so excited to hear about the possibility of all the things I would be able to do. She stressed that the internship would be very hands-on and a great learning experience. Two things that I was looking for! I was so anxious after I left the interview because she said I would probably not hear back for a few weeks, however, I heard back the following Tuesday. I believe all the prayers I said in the cab as I left are to thank!

Some of my responsibilities will include running product to and from magazine headquarters, writing pitches, online research, social media work similar to what I did last summer, fashion blogging and resarch (oh sooo terrible, eh? hehe), and even some press releases and writing.

I could not be more excited about this amazing opportunity! The magazines the company work with include Lucky, Real Simple, Life & Style, Elle, Glamour, O Magazine, InStyle, Vogue, People and the list goes on and on...

And some of the companies the firm represents are some that I already love (how conveinent!) Some of these include: Matt Bernson's amazing shoes and accessories, the beautiful Kevia JewelryOlia Jewelry, and LaLucca handbags and accessories.

Here is the Matt Bernson's "Triad" Boot - Which I am currently lusting over! So perfect for fall - it was also featured in this month's Lucky Magazine with Kristen Bell on the cover!
photocredit: www.zappos.com


Here is a stunning Kevia ring that was featured on one of my favorite blogs "The Daily Obsession" (www.thedailyobsession.net) - Not only is it extremely chic and dainty - it's affordable! 

And here is an Olia bracelet that I just can't get enough of. So pretty!
Photocredit: moderngirlstyle.blogspot.com


How great is this watercolor-esque LaLucca handbag? You could literally wear a jean and white t-shirt with this clutch and it would turn the outfit from dingy to du-jour
photocredit: The Bag Snob


After all that scolding my mother has given me for all these years... saying that all the magazines and clothes I have purchased and acquired were at times "a waste of my money" -  my love for editorial and fashion have now come in-use! I'll show her! ;)

I could not be more excited about what the future holds!

May the pricey apartment hunting begin... Yikes

No comments:

Post a Comment